Unformatted Attachment Preview
MATH233 Unit 3: Exponential Functions
Discussion Board Assignment: Version 2A
Note: All work must be shown and explained to receive full credit.
Suppose that you established a startup company that develops a gaming application, and based on
preliminary studies, the demand for your product is given by the following function:
?(?) = ?? -??
where P is the price in U.S. dollars per download of the application, and x is the number of downloads.
1. Begin to set up the demand function of your product by choosing a value for k based on the first
letter of your last name. Make sure to choose a unique value, one that is different from what your
classmates have chosen. (Note: The value for k does not necessarily have to be a whole number.)
First letter of your last name
Possible values for k
2. Complete the setup of your demand function by choosing a value for r based on the first letter of
your last name. Make sure to choose a unique value, one that is different from what your
classmates have chosen.
First letter of your last name
Possible values for r
3. Set up the revenue function, R(x), of your application if R(x) = xP(x).
4. Find your companys revenue given the following number of downloads:
Number of downloads (x)
Page 1 of 2
5. What is your marginal revenue function? (Show intermediate steps.)
6. How many downloads should the application have to reach its maximum revenue? (Show your
7. What is your maximum revenue? (Show your work.)
8. Sketch a graph of the revenue function to verify your answer in Step 7. Use Excel or another
graphing utility. If necessary, insert your graph into a Word document and attach the Word
document to the DB thread.
9. What price for your game would yield the maximum revenue? (Show your work.)
10. What is the rate of change of the revenue when there are 1,000 downloads? (Show your work.)
11. Compare the price of your application and your companys revenue to one of your classmates
12. Why is it important to analyze the price of your gaming application and the revenue that you will
13. Which intellipath Learning Nodes helped you with this assignment?
Page 2 of 2
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more